Thread: Best Golf Cart
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2022, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

Its clearly a matter of personal opinion almost like voting - which I won't get into. If you don't mind the noise, smell of fumes and chug chug of gas you can travel from one end of the Villages and back. I think - you better have a good back and rear end to do that along with a lot of time on your hands. We have had a electric cart since 2007 and never been towed so I can't really comment on the expense of being towed and we never did buy towing insurance either, seems like the gas cart owners can provide a lot more advice here. Full disclosure we recently purchased a 2nd electric cart so I might be partial to quite, smooth ride and we do hate going into the tunnels behind gas carts that claim not to leave any fumes ( Kind of like 2nd hand smoke doesn't really bother you I guess). We live by Brownwood and think twice about taking the cart to Sumter ( its a time issue for us not a range issue). I recommend you rent a gas cart and make the round trip from the North of the Villages to the South and back … Once, and then decide how often you want to do this or even 1/2 of this.