View Single Post

Old 10-22-2022, 04:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,721 Times in 981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
St Augustine grass is similar to crabgrass, we hate it but what can you do. If we find an issue with weeds or bugs we call Deans and they are there within 24 hours no matter when the next treatment is due. Weeds can grow fast.
First of all, thanks to everyone for your helpful responses.
Specifically, for Gary, I take it you have been happy with Deans? We are not overwhelmed with Bates. When I called with my concern the response was "you are scheduled this month" and not "we'll send someone out right away". I suppose I could have been a bit more forceful, and probably should have been.

We bought the pre-owned home 2 years ago (come February), and the previous owner was using Bates so we just extended what she had. We use them for pest control around the perimeter (does not include termites) and lawn fertilization and weeds. Our yearly bill for both services is $516, and they come every two months.

And as I say, we have a nice weed patch in one area, so either that's normal, or the Bates treatment is not up to standards.
What services does Deans provide for you, and how does the cost and efficacy compare. BTW, we have a corner lot.