Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Girls,

I realize that I have been going on and on a bit in this thread lately about how I am completely convinced that finding farts funny is attached to the Y chromosome. I am forever hopeful that someday I will be able to obtain funding, maybe just a small private grant, so that I can conduct a study, and, at last, prove my theory to the whole world. Like I told you, I dream about the Nobel Prize. Or whatever prize they give for science stuff. I have even been working on my acceptance speech.

And then I told you about how on my vacation I found the loveliest piece of pottery to put on my coffee table that is in this very room with me. My desk is at the other end of the room. I have finally moved my computer out of the kitchen.

I bought this pottery at a gallery. Pottery studios have interesting names sometimes. And I asked about the name of this one. And the gallery owner told me that she had just found out from another customer what the name means.

The name is "Barking Spider Pottery."

Well, I had never heard of this barking spider thing. I guess when there is no dog around to blame, a barking spider can be the excuse.

You know, I don't know for sure, but I would bet that a man came up with that name for the studio. Well, actually, I feel like I do know for sure. Would a woman name a pottery studio after farts?

I guess I could cut the artist a little slack. Maybe the studio is really named after that tarantula native to Australia. Perhaps the potter is just a fan of arachnids. But that tarantula makes some kind of noise. Convenient to blame audible flatulence on. If you are in Australia I guess.

I will never know the answer to how this name came to be attached to this pottery I loved at first sight. But I will just bet that somewhere there is a woman who was trying to talk a man out of naming the studio "Artsy Fartsy Pottery" and so she compromised.

So here are the pictures. A place of honor. Fart name and all. I am showing you the mark. I loved the colors. And they had other pieces that I liked, too. I might end up with a couple more pieces of pottery from that studio that I think might have been named after farts. Figures.

Boomer

The Villages Florida

Well, I can't get the second picture to go into this post. I will try it in a separate post.