View Single Post

Old 10-26-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
I was walking my two 15 lb dogs last night, on leash (as ALWAYS), when I looked over my shoulder for traffic and was shocked to have a large wingspan bird (I believe an owl-it came and went too fast for me to tell) quietly fly just over my head- literally less than 3 feet above me. I have seen large owls perched on roofs, and hear them periodically when out walking in the dark, so seeing one in flight isn’t necessarily a surprise. What was shocking was how close it came to me as I wear a very visible LED vest and have LED harnesses on my dogs. Coincidentally, one of the dogs vests had shutdown during our walk prior to the bird appearing, but both dogs were next to each other and I was about 3 feet away.

So keep in mind that coyotes are not the only danger to your furry friends, and that there are diurnal birds of prey as well.
Yes this has happen to me several times too. Sometimes they spotted prey near you and went to go get it. Other times it has been them checking us out then realizing we weren't small prey