Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Veteran member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Boomer,

The pottery (and the room) are beautiful. I have never heard that spider term before - but I'll bet you are spot on about the "artsy fartsy" theory. And we did have a dog we used to blame flatulence on - of course sometimes it really was her. We called her "Gassie Cassie." Cassie was a golden retriever.

I think maybe you might wish to expand the scope of your study. It is related (in a way) to farts. When I started my first job after college, we had a cart that stopped at each mail station for us to get coffee or tea in the morning. About 30 minutes after the cart departed, I was amazed to see all the men (Wall Street Journals tucked under their arms) head to the Men's Room. Why is it, that men need to have a good sit down with a periodical before they are capable of producing a (to use a "guy" term) dump?
Kate,
I really laughed out loud.
Worked with an attorney a while back and every morning about 10am he would leave his office, and as he walked dorn the hall he would smack his copy of the WSJ against the side of knee to give all fair warning:
Jim's on his way to the John.