View Single Post

Old 11-11-2022, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Much smaller in what days?
Number of citizens. Number of registered voters. Number of actual voters.

Quote:
Those mail in ballots are okay when they are requested by and only mailed to already registered voters. Blanket mailing of those ballots requires election staff to verify registered status after the fact raising another possibility for error in verifying/counting.
And where does this blanket mailing happen? Not in Arizona.

Quote:
How do you feel about unmonitored drop boxes? Why are they necessary when mail-in ballots are available?
As concerns ballots, I feel the same way about unmonitored drop boxes as I feel about unmonitored mail boxes. Are *any* mail boxes monitored?

Why are they necessary? Because dropping an envelope in the mailbox does not ensure it arrives by election day while dropping the envelope in the drop box does. Second, because a single drop box in Wildwood doesn't do much for the voter in Tarrytown, Webster, or Bushnell. Third, because hiring sufficient staff to monitor a reasonable number of ballot boxes would be cost prohibitive.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough