Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi LELANDJANE. I don't know about hairdressers in TV, but I just wanted to say that yes, it does happen overnight. And it always seems like it happens when you were planning to go somewhere the next day where you wanted your hair to look decent and then you wake up with the real roots showing and with your hair about an inch or two longer than when you went to bed. I do not get it either.

Barefoot, I know what you mean about fish. I love crab and shrimp and grouper is OK. Salmon for a little bit. But I cannot say there is any regular fish that truly floats my boat. And so I slather those filets with something like that Hellmann's and creamy horseradish and fresh dill thing. You can also leave out the fresh dill and just add a little ketchup to the Hellmann's and the horseradish stuff. That comes out kind of like that sauce they served with the bloomin' onion in some restaurant -- I cannot remember which one right now. It has been a while since I have had a bloomin' onion. That sauce is really good on crabcakes.

Today I got a little too carried away with my virtuous eating mode and tried to make a recipe that I saw in "Real Simple" magazine. It was for vegeburgers. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever made. The basic ingredient was lentils and then it had couscous and some onion and carrots and an egg and oh I do not know why I am even talking about it. It was gross. Lentils are weird and their texture is weird. Or at least I think so. They had to go through the food processor which made them even weirder. It was a lot of work and Annie my dog got most of mine.

When I want to lay off meat for a couple of days, I often make beans and brown rice. I do not bother with the routine with the dried beans. I just use cans of beans, usually red ones. And then I top them with sour cream and chopped green onions. Mr. B. hits them hard with a hot sauce from his collection. I cannot do hot sauce.

Well, here I am, going on and on, trying to be such a Helpful Henrietta, acting like I know what I am talking about, when you all probably can tell that I really wolf down cheeseburgers whenever I get the chance.

But back to that sour cream for the beans and rice. I prefer Daisy brand sour cream. And my mayo has to be Hellmann's. I figure if I am going to go off the deep end, I might as well do it the way I want to.

Anyway, Barefoot, just a spoonful of Hellmann's helps the fish go down -- in the most delightful waaaaaay. (You have to sing that last part.)

Boomer Poppins

Last edited by Boomer; 07-20-2009 at 10:12 PM.