View Single Post

Old 11-17-2022, 03:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,991 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
OK, I'll decide. The link says that on the graph, " CO2 has been growing fairly rapidly since 1900. OK that is logical because the world's population has been growing and in the 1st world there is large usage of burning fossil fuels in IC engines. The rest of the link made no sense to me because I see no particular point (other than confusion) to talk about the correlation of the temperature of ONE city on the coast of Iceland to the graph of increasing world CO2. The temperature of that ONE city could be affected by many factors, especially being on the coast.

Scientists have determined a correlation between the recorded temperatures all around the world (NOT just ONE city) and the increased CO2 in the world since 1900. The whole-earth temperatures ate increasing just like the CO2 increase BECAUSE they are CORRELATED. The proof is that glaciers are melting. Polar ice is melting. Reef coral are DYING. Animal species are going extinct at a RECORD pace. Economic migrants are moving northward into BOTH the US and Europe. And Scientific prediction is for INCREASED heat and hurricane STRENGTH for the next 30 years.

And one more thought.....it is easy enough to find a link or one expert to disagree with the GENERAL scientific CONSENSUS. And WHY ...........because the gas and coal industries in the US have a vested ECONOMIC interest in maintaining the STATUS QUO. They sell DIRTY energy! Therefore, they RESIST clean energy. There IS the "follow the money" situation. I wonder if that is discussed at the local WEATHER CLUB ?????
Just can’t make this stuff up
All told, ExxonMobil has spent more than $37 million on climate science denier organizations from 1998 through 2019, more than any individual funder besides Charles Koch and his brother, the late David Koch, the billionaire owners of the coal, oil and gas conglomerate Koch Industries.