Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Kate, I have had lentil soup that is good. But promise me that you will never, ever, ever put a bunch of canned lentils into a food processor, turn them into some kind of hideous mush, add a few ingredients, and then make the mess into patties, and put them on hamburger buns and try to pretend that you are eating something that is good. All the mayo in the refrigerator could not save those things. Annie was not too thrilled either. You are right. I should have known.

And Hi, Bettiboop, I saw what you said about not liking how your hair looks. I don't know if you have tried color, but sometimes a good colorist can really help. Especially with highlights that add dimension. There are cutting techniques that good hairdressers know that can add volume to fine hair. And there are also the thickening sprays. Bumble and Bumble makes a really good one. There are lots of great products out there now that add lift. Fine hair is not such a bad thing. The hair may be fine but there can be lots of them. It is just that the hair is usually very soft when it is fine and it wants to lay flat.

I always thought my hair looked kind of flat until I found the right hairdresser. Sometimes she uses these weird scissors that have teeth and look like she is about to cut off all my hair. But the teeth are varying lengths and so you end up with all sorts of layers that kind of stack up. She comes at me with a razor sometimes, too. -- And sometimes she is even trying to cut my hair with it.

The hair thing can become such an issue for us women. In fact I think it was the first topic of discussion when the "Girl Talk" thread started over a year ago. It always comes up eventually when women talk. We are always in search of the perfect hair and we never seem to like our own. Oh well.

But Bettiboop, you are probably just being too hard on yourself. Your hair looks so cute in your avatar picture. (btw, Bettiboop is one of my favorite characters)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-21-2009 at 10:08 PM.