View Single Post

Old 11-23-2022, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Erggggg, you hit on without a doubt the biggest sore spot in my life. As far as I’m concerned, we raised our kids and the years of children responsibilities are behind us. We are now at a point in our lives where our remaining healthy years are numbered and it’s about us doing what we want whenever we friggin please without all the responsibilities we had to deal with before retirement. My wife on the other hand (I guess it’s a woman thing), can’t be away from the kids for any extended period of time, and certainly can’t miss a single friggin birthday or holiday with them. At the rate the kids are getting pumped out in our family there will soon be a dam birthday every month of the year. This dilemma is making it very difficult to plan extended stays together at our Villages home, and it’s getting very expensive and time consuming to frequently travel back and forth. If I had my way, we would sell the place up north and be in the Villages from October through mid June and rent places up north for the remaining time and visit with the kids then. My wife on the other hand would prefer two homes and the ability to fly back and forth several times per year, but be up north for most of the time. IMHO, way too complicated and expensive.

What is it with women and kids and why can’t seeing them a couple timer per year, around Christmas and the Fourth of July, be good enough?