View Single Post

Old 11-23-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoftuntavern View Post
This is intended for people who rent out or have rented out their places in the Villages. I understand that some people with places in the Villages may not live there full time. I would appreciate it if you could provide some insights concerning renting out your places in the Villages. Any insights are welcome, but some specific topics are of interest, as follow: Is there constant demand for rentals in the Village? Is it hard to keep a place rented for the majority of the time that you want to rent it? Does demand exceed supply? Is there a source of information that tracks this? How long are typical rentals? Days, weeks, months, years? Is there anything about this to look out for? If I am breaking some unwritten code by asking these questions, please feel free to make witty comments. Thanks.
Need to consider your objective. If looking for some rental $ to cover time when your gone, no big deal. If your seeking as an investment it is not a given, other than perhaps your not carrying a loan on the property, or the loan is minimal. If seeking to rent and cover negative flow with appreciation, this may not be the best time. Some folks who purchased at the height with new homes can testify to such, including closing cost and such.