View Single Post

Old 11-24-2022, 09:22 AM

Many of the landlords are owners who intend to use the home for themselves someday but aren't ready to spend significant time in the Villages yet. As such, the pure profit isn't as large of an objective as offsetting the costs until they're ready to use. Occupancy rate can be high and of course the prime season Jan-March can get $5k/mo while offseason (Jun-Sept) would be a third of that. I'd say a good rental over the course of a year (rented monthly) is $30 to $34k/yr. Those renting shorter terms can have higher prices but more work and some periods of non-occupancy. Others will only do long-term rentals at a lower rate (often unfurnished). Go to the different rental sites to get an idea of the going rate in the area you're looking for (making sure to look at all seasons, not just prime). Be aware some are looking at this as a business and are charging high rates and willing to have some months unoccupied while others are just looking to offset costs temporarily until they're ready to move to the Villages and may have lower rates.

I have found all months rented for over 2 years. I believe most rentals are either monthly or shorter periods with monthly being quite common.

Looking at the OP, it sounds like you may be interested in renting out when you are not using it yourself. Assuming you will be using it seasonally (during the high times) and wanting to rent out May through September, I'd suggest that you would not be getting much return and perhaps only enough to offset some of your costs. However, if you are using it only for shoulder months and it may be available to rent in January through March, you could nearly write your own price for those 3 months and get a renter.