View Single Post

Old 11-24-2022, 09:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
Can anyone recommend a reasonable Home-Owners Insurance Company? I was with Tower Hill but now I notice they are requesting this year that we (1) in addition to paying our bill "contribute" money to the company in a separate account (2) give "power of attorney" to some financial issue of the company. I have never heard of either of these with any other companies and I can't imagine granting some company power of attorney over any aspect of my life.
Reasonable in Florida(especially on the coasts) is not in the dictionary. We received the same letter from Tower Hill and opted to stay with them. A lot of posters have said that they can get policies from other companies without problems. Not true for us and good for them. Suggest talking to the agent and have them explain what they asked you to sign. At this stage, be happy that you have not had a premium increase in the 2-3X range. We will all pay for the damages in the Fort Myers area.

Reasonable in Florida started to end in the coastal area of Florida after hurricane Andew in 1992. There are very few actual nationwide insurance companies in Florida.