View Single Post

Old 11-24-2022, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The Historic Section has no draw backs. We are going to miss it. Everything about it has been great! Especially the people.
1. The neighborhoods in the Historic Section more closely resemble actual neighborhoods from the 'burbs up north.
2. Some great hills for exercise and bicycle riding.
3. The yards aren't all nearly identical - each homeowner adds their personal creative touch to the landscaping (including, yes, those damnable tacky pink flamingos and little white crosses on random properties) that gives the neighborhoods actual personalities instead of being replicas of Stepford or alien pod-pads.
4. The neighbors are neighborly. We walk with them, hang out with them, visit each other, sit on each others' porches, help each other pull up weeds, visit any who are infirm to lend a hand as needed, have driveway parties - but we also respect each others' privacy.
5. We have a hot tub at one of the neighborhood pools.
6. We have another hot tub at the country club pool. And one of the nicest country club pools in the Villages, period.
7. We have our own golf cart bridge!
8. The hospital is across the street.
9. The fire department is down the street.
10. Beautiful park-like grounds in the rec area.

Downsides: I'm afraid to ride my bicycle across 441 and my bike doesn't fit in my car, so I can't ever ride my bike anywhere in the -rest- of the Villages. That makes me sad. I might try and find a bike rack for my golf cart this year, and that'll solve that problem.

The city paved our street early last year but took a turn to finish the paving on a side-road, and never returned to finish the street they started on (which is the street I live on). So our side of the street still needs re-surfacing.

That's pretty much the only downsides to our neck of the woods.