View Single Post

Old 11-26-2022, 11:04 AM
Default Missing the Grandkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
My wife and I have considering moving to TV. We have visited all the squares and we rented a house on the south side for a month a few weeks ago. We love all the activity and energy from TV.
The one sticky point is the grand kids. They are in PA and my wife is having a huge problem trying to justify the move and missing the grand kids.
We have proposed doing a reverse snow bird where we would spend 3 or 4 months in PA in the summer time while the kids are off from school. The parents were not thrilled with us moving away and have not been very supportive.
Would love to hear some opinions on this subject.
Thank you
For Christmas two years ago, we purchased an Echo Show from Amazon for each family and ourselves. It is almost the size of an 8x10 photograph. It sits on a small table beside our eating table. With this we can see and talk with any of our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. If I feel the need to talk and see them, I call. We are able to be there while they are opening gifts for holidays and sometimes we eat dinner with them as they sit on our table. I found it helps me not to get homesick and it is fun. Our children encouraged us to purchase here because they know we are so much more active in The Villages and they don't have to worry about us. Good Luck with your decision.