View Single Post

Old 12-02-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Not so much for Villages Cycles.
I belong to a group that raised thousands of dollars to gather up angel tree kids cards at the regional rec centers. We are limited as to how much we can spend per child as we'd rather provide Christmas for as many kids as possible. Therefore, many of us go way above what we raised, in particular for kids who want bikes. We dipped into our own pockets to be able to provide bikes for many children, but we wanted to make sure that our efforts at assembly wouldn't leave a child in danger. Took a bike to Villages Cycles, explained that this is an angel tree gift and asked if they could look it over to make sure it's safe.
Sure we can! For $40 we'll look it over!
Knowing that we are trying to provide for underprivileged kids, they wanted $40 per bike to take a look.
Fortunately, I have found another avenue. I just hate that they had to be this way about it. The 1 bike took 10 minutes for them to tell us that we assembled it correctly and we shelled out the $40 out of our pockets.
As an aside, please know that the deadline for helping these kids is Dec. 14. Please go grab a card and provide Christmas for an underprivileged kid. They deserve this.
Sheesssss, not even a "thank you" at the end of the message asking for help!