View Single Post

Old 12-03-2022, 03:03 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

[QUOTE=Pairadocs;2162819]I never fail to get a few cards from the angle tree at Laurel. I look forward to it, and always try to take at least one requesting a bike. I have always bought the bikes at WM and they have all been assembled. But, as to this "situation", you paid Villages Cycles their $40 for the "look over", and they will still have customers of course, but I would venture they will never know just how much they REALLY lost in sales by getting the $40.... that $40 will probably cost them MANY hundreds, possibly thousands. Villagers are EXTREMELY generous, some for different causes than others, but just one of THE most generous communities ever. But they don't like to patronize merchants who are not likewise generous to others, especially children. I was in a position to need bicycles and some rather pricey items for some area families, I must say the Walmart manager NEVER said no, always asked what they could do. Not to single them out, just too many to mention, so Villages Cycles is in the minority I am sure. By the way, just a thought, but there are so many cycle clubs in the villages; we have a neighbor who is very active in one of them and he knows more about every type of bicycle, the gears, parts, than you can imagine. Perhaps some of the clubs have such knowledgeable members who would be happy to help your club out by inspecting the assembling you do ? All the clubs are listed and have a contact person....

Just a thought ?