View Single Post

Old 12-05-2022, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
I love this....reading all the non-lawyers giving legal advice (which, by the way, is a felony in the state of Florida).

I love those who say use an "iron clad" lease. No, thank about it. Who would want a lease that is full of holes. So, the expression "iron clad" is merely a wish...not a reality.

Then, there are those who cut and paste from a book meant for a different jurisdiction and come up with...voila...the lease to beat all leases. Perhaps a potential Florida landlord might want to review the substantial statutory provisions related to landlord/tenant law.

While there are legitimate methods for limiting risk, no method is foolproof! Moreover, some of it requires a potential landlord to lay out money, for the creation of legal entities, proper insurance coverage and proper evaluation of tenants. But, if one takes the cheepo method of attempting to limit risk and do it themselves to save money, one should recognize that the "legal" methods one comes up for free....is worth just about as much as one paid for it.

This whole thread makes me want to go and read a book on self-administered heart operations for my clogged arteries!
It's not a crime to give legal advice unless you charge money for it.