View Single Post

Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Default China Gourmet

I believe this restaurant must have changed management, since my experience there yesterday was so negative. We (my granddaughter and I) ordered Cashew Chicken, and Sesame Chicken. Myi Cashew Chicken was the worst I've ever had. Meat was small, fatty and grey looking. I wound up throwing it in the trash can. My granddaughter's Sesame Chicken was enhanced with a long hair over the top and when I cut into it, it was not done. The meat (also small and fatty) was reddish and raw looking. I took it back to the counter (without mentioning the hair, which at this point was the least of the problems with the dish), at which time the counter person took it to the cooks who stood over it clucking and looking at it. She then came to me and said "it is fine, but we will re-cook it." When it came out, it was cooked, but the first piece I cut into had a hair WRAPPED around it. That was the last straw. I took it back and showed it to her, told her we were leaving and wouldn't be back. She then began to argue that it was MY hair, wrapped around her cooked Sesame Chicken. It wasn't my length, or color. I told her I wasn't going to argue, that I would not be back, and that it was the worst Chinese food I'd ever eaten. There were no apologies, only defensive remarks. I will not be back. And I will be calling the health department.
We've eaten at several restaurants in the Villages several times. This is the first problem we've had. As I said, I believe the management must have changed since several of the positive posts are from 2 years ago.