View Single Post

Old 12-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,231 Times in 2,813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I played at Mallory Hills tonight and Tee'd off after 4 pm.

I've always understood, that if you play in the last "Wave" (for lack of a better way to describe it), you paid the posted rate (in this case, the posted rate is $17), you can play as many holes as daylight allows. Reading the 2022 Rate Sheet, it seems to say there is no "9 Hole Rate" at that time of day and it's one rate and you can play as much as you want.

I played 9 holes in 55 minutes and was going to continue and was told I had to return to the Clubhouse and pay another "9 hole rate". I was told "unlimited play" ended 2 years ago.

I was here from January - May this year and I was always told that play was unlimited after 3 pm/4 pm, depending on the clock and Daylight Savings adjustments.

I'm going to call the golf office tomorrow and inquire, but I'm curious about other folk's experience with this.
Unlimited play is available at the full evening rate as posted on the rate sheet from June 1 to December 31. If you go out during the evening, and state at the clubhouse that you only intend to play 9 holes, you will only be charged half the evening rate. At most courses, the unlimited play evening rate for a non priority resident is $20, but they will only charge $10 if you only go out for 9 holes. The unlimited rate is a great deal during the summer months when it gets dark out at 8:00 or later, typical evening thunderstorms aside.

During the months of January through May, there is no difference in AM or PM wave rates, and the evening rates (after the PM wave) are half the wave rate and includes unlimited play. Until the clocks are moved forward in March, it’s very difficult to get in more than 9 holes after the PM wave concludes. At least that’s how the rates during busy season worked this year. We should find out sometime in the next week or so what the busy season rates will be starting January 1st, 2023. Fingers crossed that non priority resident rates will remain close to the $64 charged at most courses during the 2022 busy season. Stay tuned, new rates are typically released in the middle of the month before the new rates become effective.