View Single Post

Old 12-09-2022, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
whereabouts are ye?

I grew up in Cincinnati, but spent my working years in what is called the Southern Tier of NY. Not way up north in the Adirondacks, but almost on the NY-Penn border, a bit west of due south of Syracuse. I was not prepared for how much longer and colder and grayer the winters are there than they were in Cincinnati.

I hated it. I don't hate it as much as I used to hate it, but that's is probably because it's a memory. Memories can be like that.

My advice? Get down here ASAP.
We are in western Massachusetts (the Berkshires), about a 2 1/2 hour drive (with no traffic) due west from Boston. If we go about a half hour north we are in Vermont, half hour south to Connecticut, and half hour west to New York. We are in the hills, so it’s typically colder and more windy here than the rest of the state because of the elevation. Where we live it’s very rural and a totally different place than Boston and the rest of the eastern part of the state, more like rural Vermont. It’s a beautiful area, but this time of the year I’ll take the Villages seven days a week and twice on Sundays. I concur with your advise, need to go south ASAP. Christmas can’t be over fast enough for my liking, the countdown is on!

Last edited by tophcfa; 12-10-2022 at 10:01 AM.