View Single Post

Old 12-10-2022, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So little different. I love watching the snow fall, at 3am while I am snow blowing my driveway. A real treat is if there is lighting off to the distance, making you think what a great time to enjoy nature. The deer walk past saying HI, the bunnies hop by, and that very small red fox, trots down the street.

Then the sun comes up and makes the snow sparkle. Hopefully enough snow to open the ski slopes, and make great snow people.

Makes me sad when the snow turns to brown and slushy. That’s when we come down to TV, nothing worse than snow that is no longer fluffy and white.

It’s great to have Winter wonderland and Sun whenever we want.
I hear ya, the fresh fluffy white snow is beautiful. When younger, as a die hard skier, the more snow and longer the winter the happier I was. Now that my knees are trashed the skies have been swapped out for golf clubs. Still am hoping for a couple good storms between now and Christmas before heading to the Villages for the winter. Below is my tractor which doubles as a snow plow. I love going out late at night during a blizzard and plowing, the light bar makes it like daylight in front of the tractor. Our driveway is the length of a couple football fields so snow blowing would be out of the question. When we are in Florida for the winter my neighbor takes care of plowing us out in exchange for use of the tractor. Good deal for both of us. The thing I learned to hate about the snow is it seems to always get warm and rain following a blizzard, then it gets cold and freezes into treacherous ice. But that’s what Florida is for, no ice and year round golf : )

Merry Christmas
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	5D267583-B8E1-4AAB-A0AD-39A9BCB2B972.jpg
Views:	1472
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	96072