View Single Post

Old 12-18-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmota View Post
So, let me see if I got this right:
There’s seems that we don’t have good hospital (going by past post/replies) in the area (The Villages) and now if one wants ti be transported elsewhere most likely staying in the area?
The Villages with all its beauty (homes, grounds/golf courses, shopping and let’s not forget entertainment) does not have a good medical facility or a way to at least take someone to a different hospital?
Lets just say you do not move to TV for the hospital care and that is probably the last thing you have on your mind when you see TV. If you are elderly, and you want to move to Florida, buy into a community around Jacksonville and you can access several very good hospitals with the best being Mayo Clinic.

I was referred to Mayo for kidney problems and was a patient there for three long years and the driving back and forth was a pain in the you know where. I could not be treated locally.

However, my husband had excellent treatment at The Village hospital for both cancer and heart. We were also very fortunate to have a very good GP and Cardiologist.