Thread: Massey vs Deans
View Single Post

Old 12-29-2022, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Is there any real difference between the two for Pest Control? Massey comes with the new house but appears to be more expensive.
I assume you mean the termite contract that come with a new house. I renewed my termite contract last year when the 5 year term expired. I got quotes from both Massey and Deans. I went with Massey. They re-treated the entire house with injected underground chemicals around the perimeter for $400 and gave me a 10-year renewable contract, with the first 5 years guaranteed at less than $100 per year.

This was way better than Deans. Deans would provide no long term written contract, only one year. They only treat part of the house annually, and they can raise the price every year or even cancel you. Totally unacceptable to me.

I also had Massey for other pest treatment for about $35 per quarter. But, after a few years I cancelled them and did it myself. I have never had a pest problem. One thing I don't like about Deans is that you need to give them a credit card number for them to autopay every month. No exceptions. I only pay Massey when they perform a service.