View Single Post

Old 12-31-2022, 10:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Just goes to show how difficult some cuisines are to judge by the reports of others, especially "Chinese", but applies to all as well. Specifically, while Koyame was what we felt was the "best" we could find in the immediate area, we tired twice now with new owners and thought it was terrible, so there's really no way other than trying a place at least twice to find something acceptable !
100% agree with this statement. We tried Koyame several times under the original owners and found it to not be good at all. We tried Koyame under the new owners and were pleasantly surprised, enough so that we will go back. My experiences with food recommendations is that they don’t account for the differences in the cuisine one grew up with/were exposed to such as, which is better pizza, Brooklyn or Chicago? I prefer to read comments about service and cleanliness, and even then, I try to determine if the review is legit or someone panning a restaurant because of entitled expectations.

Best to try it and if you like it, have at it. I would generally give any restaurant at least 2 tries, but I would also wait a month or two after a new restaurant opens to let them iron out the kinks before I eat there. Even though Kungfu is owned by the original Koyame owners, we will try it once in case something changed that makes their food more palatable to us.