View Single Post

Old 01-06-2023, 07:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Anyone tips on being able to get a Hunter X2 irrigation wifi controller working?

I'm South of 44, home was built in May 2022.

I bought the wifi add on module off the internet in the summer. I tried everything in the instructions to get it working and then returned it and ordered a 2nd one. I'm still facing the same issues. I feel like maybe my specific Hunter irrigation controller has something disabled or something like that. I have the one with the blue buttons, I know that the one with the green buttons is not supported. I have not found any way to go into some sort of settings menu on the irrigation controller.

Here's what I've observed:

When inserting the wifi module I'm not seeing the wifi light go on at all. It's supposed to be amber according to the instructions.

When I try to connect it to the Hydrawise app, it advised to press the button on the module twice and then the light should go on, it doesn't.

This module supports Bluetooth, but fails to connect even though I can see the device in my Bluetooth settings.

When I contacted Hunter, they just send me a PDF of an updated installation guide.