View Single Post

Old 01-08-2023, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I have been riding motorcycles since my teenage years and can say there are lots of good rides in the rural areas away from the bubble. Just be very careful and defensive riding in and around the Villages, the area has without a doubt the highest concentration of bad drivers per capital of any area I have ever experienced, and I am from Massachusetts where drivers are referred to as massholes. And please, regardless of the law, wear a good full face helmet. There are way too many future organ donors riding around these parts without helmets.
Op, the above post is spot on!
Both my wife & I have been into bikes (choppers, cruisers & bobbers), riding building and teaching others to ride for nearly 2 decades.

Wear your helmet and ride VERY defensively at all times.

The worst will be the round-abouts, there are even multiple threads here, regarding them. Some have blatant disregard for anyone else, the laws, common courtesy, etc. Always be prepared for nearby cars & carts to do exactly what they shouldn't, this is true when you are on 4 wheels or 2.

2nd most common issue I've witnessed, is major intersection turn lanes. I cannot tell you how many near misses, accidents and folks locking up mid intersection, I've seen here.
If you are a good rider, you'll be fine, if you are not, this is going to be a sharp learning curve.
Be safe and enjoy your trip!