View Single Post

Old 01-14-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2delunatics View Post
Greetings:

I'm very new to the TV and this forum, so please forgive if this has been addressed.

I've noticed a lot of road debris in the local roadways, bike lanes, various intersections.....ie: gravel, hunks of metal, old accident debris, etc......and I'm wondering which branch of local government is responsible for the cleanup of the roads..... both in the City of Wildwood specifically (both in/out of TV) and/or Sumter County? I've seen this road debris at many intersections from 301 and Marsh Bend to Morse and 44. Does the City of Wildwood and/or Sumter County have a street sweeper(s) that anyone has seen? Is there a regular seasonal road sweeping schedule perhaps? Like I mentioned, I'm very new here and just wondering....
this forum is GREAT!!

Thanks much.
Yes I most certainly noticed alot more debris that ever before. We moved here in 2014 and it was pristine. IF you did see debris it was picked up in a very short manner. I am not bashing anyone just pointing out that we've seen a slight increase when the Snowbirds come. But know the garbage, TRAFFIC, overcrowding at Brownwood Square is something very different. I believe the building of the ridiculas HUGE development building south of 44. It's overcrowded, driving golf paths are hard to manuver, Theres so much less to do there they come North. I truly hope our quality of life is not effected by too many people