View Single Post

Old 01-19-2023, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,924 Times in 1,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Yes it is funny -- in that the UN thinks guns control weather.
ORDINARY guns will NOT affect weather, but a full-out nuclear war will. Scientists take about a nuclear winter after WW3......that would be some serious Climate Change. I worry that there has been so many apocalypse-type movies and series lately that maybe that is giving a prediction that I HOPE never comes true.
But, the recent war in the Ukraine has caused some problems that could affect Global Warming somewhat. There are or were (may have been plugged) 3 holes in a natural gas pipeline lying at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea. It sent Russian natural gas to Europe. The pipe was in VERY deep water and probably needed a special submarine to blow those 3 holes. Russia was suspected of doing it itself to drive up the world price for natural gas.
........Anyway, the 3 holes were (or still are) GUSHING gas that rises to the upper atmosphere and adds to the blanket that IS making the world hotter by record amounts in the last 8 years. (Despite the opinion to the contrary expressed by my friends with the fashionable TIN-FOIL hats !!!!!!! )

One BIG problem with Global Warming today is that it causes farmers and other poor populations in South America and Africa to start starving and begin MIGRATING northward into America and Europe. If they succeed in getting there they will INCREASE their environmental FOOTPRINT greatly - producing GREATER pollution, which AGAIN goes up to the upper atmosphere and acts as a BLANKET holding in the Earth's heat. It is sad from a humanitarian perspective, but don't blame me.......I am just the messenger.

Last edited by jimjamuser; 01-19-2023 at 02:53 PM.