View Single Post

Old 08-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Founder

Lots of experience here.

Oxford storage on route 301: I stored my motorcycle trailer there. It was blocked in almost every time I went to get it. They always had to move something for me to get to it. When I asked at the front desk what I should do if there is no one there to move the blocking vehicle, the woman rolled her eyes and said, "....the mentality of you people." That was the last day for them.

Billie's storage on route 27 near 42: Their gate is open and accessible until 8 p.m. Then it closes automatically at 8 p.m. Whatever dumb ass happens to still be inside the fence at his storage unit at 8:01, gets locked in for the night. No way to get out. No phone. No key pad. No number to call. Don't ask me how I know.

Fort Knox: As mentioned above, the gate is always open. No chance of getting locked in here. But a good chance for somebody to come in and mess with your stuff. They said the gate controller gets hit by lightening so they quit replacing it. They said they always keep an eye on who comes and goes. Well, I came and went a dozen times and nobody.....that's NOBODY ever asked me if I was stealing the trailer that I was towing out of there.

Villages Storage route 466 and 301: Nice people, secure storage, reasonable price, easy to get to, key pad works, managers live on site. No problems to report by this dumb ass.