View Single Post

Old 08-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Sage
Default Tire/Road Hazards in the Villages

We've been here a little less than 3 years and live on the South side where the new construction is.

In this time, I have had to replace one tire on my car because a road hazard had sliced into the sidewall; I also have had 2 nails/screws get lodged in other tires requiring plugging to repair.

On our 2 golf carts, one has had two separate incidents of nails/screws in the tires and the other cart now has a nail puncture in it.

Geez, 6 incidents in 3 years.... this has to be out of the norm. Anybody else had multiple 'road hazard' incidents in cars or carts since you've been here? For you folks who live in more established areas, have you had any incidents in recent years?

Community Watch used to have trucks driving around with magnets on the front bumper to pick up metal hazards. I don't recall seeing one of these trucks in awhile. Can anybody confirm they are still doing this with the new fleet of trucks?

...just one of the minor annoyances of living in an area still under development. A very small negative in the otherwise very positive lifestyle we live here.