Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Good morning, Girls,

---and no, GG, Boomer did not have a headache.

All last week Mr. B. was away. The annual pilgrimage to Oshkosh to Airventure. I went to my class reunion with some of the other "girls" in my life. The ones I can actually see.

Mr. B. had said that he would come home a day early to go to the class reunion if I wanted him to. And I said absolutely not would I have you come home a day early from Oshkosh to go to my class reunion, Class of 19!

When he goes to Oshkosh, of course, I miss him. But he sure has fun. After he lets me know that landing is over and his feet are on the ground, he is off to a week of all airplanes all the time. Those planes land one after another after another there. For that one week in the summer Oshkosh is the busiest airport in the world. Mr. B. thinks the landing is fun. I hide under my desk until the phone rings and he tells me that part is over. I think the planes come in only a half mile apart. (not sure but I think that's right -- can't verify my facts -- he is still snoozing) But I know those little planes come in one after another after another. While I hide under my desk at home.

He got to see Sully and his co-pilot who did a program about stuff that pilots would like. And he and his nephews talked with an SR-71 pilot. The whole week is immersion in airplane stuff. A lot more fun for Mr. B. than my class reunion. Actually, he would have had fun there, too, but compared to Oshkosh?! No way would I even entertain the idea of trying to get him to give up Oshkosh for my class reunion. And so off I went to have fun with the girls while he went off to Oshkosh for that week with the guys. --and I know there was lots of farting in Oshkosh. You just know there was.

But today I am dragging Mr. B. away to help with moving day for one of "the girls" here.

This "Girl Talk" thread is so much fun. But "moving day" here in our thread is only a virtual experience. (For that, Mr. B. is probably glad.)

Boomer

Ladies,

I can now say that Gracie IS my friend - live and in person. Boomer, nONIE, Bare, Jane - hopefully we will meet in person soon - as well as being friends here.

Glad this thread is alive again. Need to run - they are paging my flight.....