View Single Post

Old 02-02-2023, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
I totally agree. I'm a recently retired RN. A Handyman pay in TV is better per hour than a registered nurse pay. Don't get it. And way higher than a teacher's pay. Don't get that either.

When I was on the floor working my arse off - with no 15 minute breaks, no 30 minute lunch, and never getting out on time ..... and wait ..... called names, spit on, urine thrown on me, elbow broken, no holidays spent with my family, and on and on it goes . . . I often wondered, "What the hell am I doing this for?" Society needs nurses, doctors, teachers, firemen and firewomen, and police officers - for sure. We should pay them accordingly. And if they are not doing their jobs accordingly, they should be fired - not protected. My rant is over.
It must be a regional thing. My wife is also a retired RN of 40 years. For at least the last 15 years of her career she was in the six figures and she only worked 35 hours per week. She got extra pay for her degree. Extra pay for any specific certification she held. Weekend differential, etc. That was in Washington state. I know she probably wouldn’t be making that kind of money here.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!