View Single Post

Old 02-06-2023, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,955 Times in 940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianne.newhouse@gmail.com View Post
I was stopped at a red light to do a U turn. After waiting awhile for the light to change, I saw that the oncoming three lanes were all empty, so I turned just before the arrow turned green. The cop cited me for failure to stop at a red light. I would like to fight this. I have a very good driving record.
Please offer recommendations! Thanks!
So let's level set the scenario:
You were stopped at a red light.
You waited until everyone else was stopped.
You started driving while the light was red, and that's OK because everyone else is stopped for you?
And a cop saw you and gave you a ticket, and now your perfect record is broken?

You can certainly try to fight it, or you can use it as a learning experience that you got caught like the rest of us in a country where you are free to do anything you want, but you have to pay a price if you get caught breaking any of the laws in the country. its kind of like the teenagers who don't understand why the red lights are for them. .

my perfect record went out the window with the first car purchased about a month after I purchased it. . that and I have so many speeding tickets, my dad almost didn't put me on his car insurance after he went blind. . .

And interesting, since you said the police cited you for running a red light, he must have seen you do it. . . so that's really entitlement that you can't be found guilty with a perfect driving record or not getting caught prior. . The first time is always a shock

I was driving across the Whitestone Bridge in NYC, on a Sunday morning with no one around, doing about 70, and got pulled over. My first reaction was: "What the h3ll is going on? The is New York City!!! No one gets speeding tickets here"

Another time it was 2 in the morning driving back from NYC, and i was making really good time with no one on the road, probably doing 75 in a 55 back then and all of a sudden the inside of my car lit up with daylight! I never saw him. . i swear he had his lights off to catch up to me without me seeing him. .

I got more tickets / stories, paid all but one,

race car driver guy

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 02-06-2023 at 06:14 PM.