View Single Post

Old 02-06-2023, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,341 Times in 4,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere (?) that there are some Lithium deposits located in Alaska. If so, it could be mined using modern US mining technology and mining equipment - instead of "slave labor". As far as US citizens trying to save the world and eliminating harmful child labor practices in foreign countries - I believe that we need to stop buying Apple stock and Apple products and Teslas made and sold in China. I remember distinctly that Chinese workers had such bad lives that they were jumping to their deaths from the roofs of Chinese manufacturing facilities.
.....Personally, if I never bought a Chinese product again, I would be a happy camper. And I would be willing to pay much more to buy US products. And we would NOT HAVE the EXTRA POLLUTION of the ocean ships from China.
.........America became wealthy historically with slavery and cotton production and then by the industrial revolution because we have the MOST navigable rivers in the 1st world and electrical production from waterfalls.
..........We could return to complete TOP RANKING American innovation and have both the world's best software companies AND the best AUTOMATED factories with the best A.I.
...........We don't really NEED China and their STEALING our technology. We have created our own BEST enemy.
........We are in a position to be the greatest innovator of ANY new technology like innovative new batteries for non-polluting E-vehicles. Like new-generation, cutting-edge, and safe Nuclear power generation. I hear too many people say that the US can't do THIS or can't do THAT and , "we don't want to change and please don't make us or we will "hold our breath". It is like we create our own speed bumps.
......Years ago the US beat the Russians to the MOON......HOW, by everybody working together. Today it is "EVERYBODY pull apart". This business about new technology for E-vehicles is just a perfect example of the non-acceptance of new ideas and the speed bumps and NAYSAYING. US attitudes changed in about the 1980s with outsourcing and business schools acquiring the "best and brightest" students instead of the students going into the Scientific and Engineering fields.
Oh... Where to start...

We can't drill in Alaska (for environmental reasons), but mining Lithium is just fine? (ever seen a lithium mine?)

We need to stop buying Apple stock/products? Why? Do you really think that ONLY Apple has their computers made in China?

Do you buy Nike products (I know you think running is better exercise). Have you heard about THEIR practices in China?

Stop buying Teslas made and sold in China? Er... Is ANYONE in the US buying Teslas "made and sold in China"? Let me answer that NO! The only Teslas sold in the US are manufactured in CA and TX...

Unfortunately, the US can't get out of it's own way with regards to innovation. That is why we're not building the new Nuclear plants needed to supply the electricity for your beloved EVs.

Too many rules, regulations, red tape, lobbyists etc, etc, etc...

-Tom Petty