View Single Post

Old 02-18-2023, 11:00 AM
Default Village of citrus grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
Hi,
I am looking at buying a home in TV. Is there a big difference on who you buy it from? I was told if it was an MLS that TV Real Estate cannot be involved with that.
Any information?
I built my home in citrus grove a year ago. Now that I am a bit more experienced I will say that there are a few things to consider before buying. If you don’t want the expense of the bond, you must buy in an older neighborhood. I like my neighborhood because it is not as crowded as further north but it has its’ disadvantages. There are no shops, markets, stores, gas stations, etc. very close by. No such thing as hopping in the car for a quick ride because you ran out of an ingredient. Coming from Long Island, where everything was within a stone’s throw, it takes some getting used to. It will take a while, to develop the other side of the turnpike which is ok As long as age is on your side.
We don’t have a traditional town square. We have sawgrass which to me, is just a place for an expensive quick bite, boozing, and listening to some music. bring your own chairs because there are not enough supplied. No shopping or varied dining establishments.
In my opinion, homes are much closer together and streets are narrower in the south. I believe when building continues further south from citrus grove, your taxes will be even higher because you will be in another county.
The turnpike noise can be annoying, especially at night when the wind blows, and meggison rd. Is going to be a very well traveled road once building continues south of here. It is the only access road to the rest of the villages.
Most villages south, are very close to the turnpike and those ugly (and dangerous) power towers.
Something to consider also, is that the further north you go, the older your neighbors will be because many of them bought at the time their village was developed.
The landscaping will look much prettier north, because it has had time to mature. Landscaping is very expensive but you will not be choosing your own style of landscaping.
I believe many people keep selling to relocate to newer villages, to keep the value of their home. Most people like newer homes, therefore after five years I believe the resale loses some of its’ appeal due to the older styles and designs.
In regards to the realtor, most definitely get both agents. TV will push new builds. I know people who listed their homes with TV and in six months, their house was never shown once. MLS handles only resales so they have a much larger inventory of used homes.
TV salespeople are not obligated to tell you what is going to be built on the vacant land across from you. You may like that open green field across from your house only to find in six months that you have a garbage recycling plant next to you. DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST. Look at tv map and research what the green areas are, which represent private property.
Good luck and once again, do your own homework. TV agents will tell you as little as possible.