View Single Post

Old 02-24-2023, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdcorpsmarine View Post
I’m curious, how many carts in your group of nineteen. How many of those golfers drive ALL OVER THE FAIRWAYS rather than staying on the cart path or in the rough until you get to a point where you CROSS the fairway to your ball. Also how many of your group totally disregard the exit markers and drive all the way up to the green???. My point is, you can’t abuse the golf course and expect it to remain in pristine condition. And then there’s the people who seem to refuse to repair ball marks, rake bunkers, and attempt to retrieve their ball from the cup with the handle. Oh yes let’s not forget dragging your feet all over the green.

My point is, it’s not the growing season AND we must do all we can to give the courses time to breathe.
I agree with your comments - in particular I always see golfers leave the path as soon as they are past the last tee and drive up the fairway. They have no clue as to the concept of a 90 degree rule.

Having said that - the fact that one course is far worse than others tells me that there are other factors in play here. If it were just the folks driving on the fairways, all the courses would be horrible... and this does not account for the conditions of the greens themselves. These issues can be laid directly at the feet of those that care (read "they do NOT take care") for the course.