View Single Post

Old 02-28-2023, 12:59 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,785 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLonzo View Post
I watch Fox News a lot and generally respect the views of some of the hosts like Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. They rail against the ‘fake news’, yet almost daily condemn Pfizer as a money grubbing big bad pharmaceutical company making record profits on the back of the COVID emergency. A fake narrative!

I’ve been a Pfizer shareholder for many years. The company’s net profit in 2021, 2 years into COVID, was about the same as it was in 2017, 2 years before COVID! There’s no record ‘COVID profits’! Their stock price today is about what it was at the end of 2018, a year before any thought of a COVID vaccine.

So where does this impression of ‘record profits’ come from? And why does the media keep portraying Pfizer as the ‘enemy’? A lot of people would be dead if all the drug companies disappeared!
It comes directly from the Pfizer board:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...NCIAL-GUIDANCE

Dr. Albert Bourla, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated: “2022 was a record-breaking year for Pfizer, not only in terms of revenue and earnings per share, which were the highest in our long history, but more importantly, in terms of the percentage of patients who have a positive perception of Pfizer and the work we do. As proud as we are about what we have accomplished, our focus is always on what is next. As we turn to 2023, we expect to once again set records, with potentially the largest number of new product and indication launches that we’ve ever had in such a short period of time.

Based on this, I don't see why your complaint is with the news sources.