View Single Post

Old 03-01-2023, 01:42 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,788 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It's not going to change. Only a small percentage of your amenity fee goes into executive golf maintenance. The rest is for flowers, cart paths, pools, rec centers, pickle ball and tennis courts, softball fields etc.

I've had discussion with those in charge and they blame the high traffic in the winter.

I've worked at several golf courses in Florida in the winter and they were always maintained well during the winter months. It's mostly a matter of money. The Villages wants to keep offering "FREE Golf". They don't make any money from the execs so they aren't going to put a lot into them.

If they were designed and constructed better from the start it wouldn't be quite as bad. But it is what it is and it's not going to change.
Totally agree. When you develop a money making "machine", and offer a compelling aspect (such as "free" golf for a life time), you certainly don't invest an extravagant amount into the asset(s) that do NOT produce profits. Also agree about that the basic construction DOES make a huge difference in the on going maintenance expenses ( I would have no idea about this, but one of our nephew is a golf course architect/engineer in south Florida, he explained how important construction is for keeping maintenance costs low). Having said all that, it's obvious the Villages can not completely ignore executive grooming and maintenance... like a car dealer who must keep a few "loss leaders" to attract customers, can't ignore executives completely. We've always been able to find another one to play when some are simply intolerable.