Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Yeah, right Boomer, easy for you to say. Staying away from the kitchen after dinner. If I could master this one "issue", not eating after dinner, I would be a happy camper. BUT, there are things in the kitchen constantly calling my name. Cookies and icecream and goodies. I can hear you saying ... Don't buy them and bring them home. I don't! Fireboy is the culprit. I hide them from myself, but of course I know all the hiding places! And then they call out my name. Sometimes at 3 AM they wake me up.

I'm looking for a chain and padlock for the fridge.
Oh Barefoot,

I will not say that. I know exactly what you mean. Today, Mr. Boomer and I were at the grocery together. I had run into someone I know and while we were catching up, Mr. B. escaped and went off by himself and brought back Coke and cookies, too. I told him that he had to hide the cookies from me, but that we had to put the Coke back. I cannot resist Coke if it is in the house. It can be down in the basement and I will go get it. Pepsi? Nope. Coke? Getoutamyway! Sooooo, no Coke in the house. Pepsi could be here for months on end and I would not care.

It is so difficult sometimes to be at the store with a husband. Grocery stores -- they get away and buy bad stuff.

And then there is when you end up in Home Depot. Mr. Boomer always escapes in Home Depot, too, and goes off to look longingly at expensive power tools. (I cannot for the life of me figure out which one he could possibly NOT own.) Sometimes I cannot find him in Home Depot. It is a big place. Endlessly fascinating to Mr. B. Sometimes, when I cannot find him, and I just want to leave Home Depot, I make obscene phone calls to him on his cell. And then he shows up. Works like a charm.

Whoops! Looks like it is after midnight.

Goodnight.

Boomer