Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default thanks to V'07 and also of V8

'07!

I did not know about such a filter. I should have known that you would know what to do.

I look sometimes. And then sometimes I get caught up in my whole moderate thing, and next thing I know I am writing And what is the point?

And '07, about that other stuff you said about what you like here on TOTV, well I would be holding up a bunch of those little "I agree" signs, but I can't find any. They must be using all of them over in the political forum.

So there is a filter that will keep me from looking. I did not know that.............................

And Barefoot, do not give up quite yet on the V8. I have not given up.

And GG, you're right. It does not taste really so bad. I was just grouchy. But I got through it and it was boring chicken and colorful salad for supper. I know what you mean about salt. It can be one of my favorite food groups. Next to fat and sugar.

The V8 I use is the low-sodium version. It has 140 mg per serving while the regular has 480 mg. Both are 50 calories. Sodium at less than 2400 mg a day is the standard. I need to stay less than that. I can really tell when I have been overdoing the sodium. A little fluid retention kicks in and really can hold the pounds on me. The Baylor study where I got this V8 thing was done I think for people with blood pressure issues and so that was why the low-sodium V8 and the DASH diet.

Geez. Please forgive me. Here I am sounding like I am turning into to one of those people who goes around giving unsolicited and righteous advice about what people should eat and must pontificate about all the food stuff we already know.

The only thing is -- those people are usually as skinny as rails and can make me feel like, not only am I so obviously a bit zaftig, but also dense. ....know the type? --those people who approach it differently than just sharing ideas about a common problem.

It is fun and encouraging to share ideas about things that might work to take off weight. But those people are different about it. And they always think they are being so subtle.

Recently I finally said to somebody who was going on and on about calories and exercise and yadda, yadda, like I am an idiot, "Yeah. I know. I have been turning into quite the little butterball since you saw me last.".............. (Like I don't know ten pounds is a size. Geez. Here I am, grouchy anyway in these first few days of trying this new thing, and then I get a not-so-subtle unsolicited sermon from a stick! And I hated when I said that because I am usually nice and one of my friends even calls me party-insurance. I hate it when I act , er grouchy.)

Thanks for listening. Seeya later. Maybe I will tell you about how I exercised today. But it will not be a sermon. Those are only available from stick-people.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-11-2009 at 10:46 AM.