View Single Post

Old 03-13-2023, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,886 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Last Saturday we had a 6:30 reservation for 2 at Bonefish. We arrived about 6:15 and they told us they were running 15 to 20 minutes late. Not a problem. The time kept dragging on and on and now it was 7:30 which prompted me to go up and ask what was the reason for the lengthy delay. The manager told me something I've never heard...or even considered.

He said "roughly 1/3 of the restaurant is completely done eating their meals, they have their checks on the table but are just visiting."

When we finally got seated over an hour later at 7:30 I recognized a group of five people, and another group of four who were being seated as I initially walked in at 6:15. Yes...each one of these groups were done eating and you could see the black credit card holder on the table. We ate our meal and we're done 8:15. Those two groups were still there visiting when we walked out the door.
I know this is not McDonald's where you get fast food and race out the door. But I think people have to understand its a little bit more than them.

When its in-season, and there are groups of people waiting for an over an hour to eat, personally think it's a little rude for people to hog the restaurant. Not only are you inconveniencing people who have not had a chance to eat yet, you're a really screwing over the waite staff. The poor girl who was waiting on those two tables for over two hours essentially got tips from just two groups instead of the normal four that she would've.
The moral of the story…Please be a little considerate.
If I owned the restaurant, the manager would be fired. Incompetent.