Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Thanks 07 and all.

Boomer - like you I am a moderate. And I am happy to discuss issues. With emphasis being on discuss. I don't want to hear how Obama was born in Kenya, or how he is planning to socialize medicine or why women only dislike Sarah Palin because she is attractive.

Many of the fans of the political forum are also Glenn beck fans - a washed up disc jockey in New Haven before he learned that taking extreme positions gets you a national audience.

Whalen - I so agree with you that I am actually thinking of just having my PMs fed to my yahoo account and only visiting TOTV to read them. But I would really miss THIS thread.

I actually posted something RUDE today - and got a thumbs up from Tony. Actually, I posted something rude once before and he liked that too - seems he gets tired of all the negativity too.

Kate (tired of work and in Atlanta)
Hi Kate, fellow moderate,

As a moderate I have been hoping against the, more obvious every day, odds that political would moderate instead of dominate. (Of course, I mean just calm down. I know they won't turn into moderates like us.) The lineup is full of thread start after thread start after thread start. And if I were looking in here and watching now, like I did for a while before I joined so long ago, I cannot imagine that I would join. I would think that I had stumbled upon just another political venting spot.

Like you, I would miss this thread if I gave up. I was just getting started on getting a little help from the girls while I try to get through more than just a week on this V8 thing. But this thread has slowed down quite a bit I know. And I understand.

And I also know that it is possible that TOTV has changed forever and is on to becoming something else. There is still good info and even a little fun under the political pile up, but it requires more and more wading to get to it. So maybe it has just quite simply changed forever and there are those who like it that way and so that is how it is. And so, if so, I would then need to just be a little sad about it and then forget about it. Although Boomer would miss the fun. (But she's nuts.)

I will never venture into Political again. I would think that I saw a little hope. A little light. A little humor even. But then......you know.

For now, I guess I will just wait and see how it goes as I hope for moderation. It has been way cranked up in there this summer. An offshoot of the media onslaught. Everywhere.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-11-2009 at 10:23 PM.