View Single Post

Old 03-16-2023, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,990 Times in 4,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Thank you for the response. The reason I ask; After discussions with my oncologist and hematologist I decided not to get the vaccine. We had plans and orders set should I have gotten covid. For whatever reason (i have no way to know why) I never got covid. I do not want to get political, so all I will say is that for now I want to remain unvaccinated with the mrna. I have an appointment (seems every week I have appointments) with the blood doctor from FCS Tuesday, and want to discuss the other type of vaccine (not MRNA). At the same time I will be discussing the blood transfusions (ie my original question). IF I get to see the actual hematologist, and not a PA or aide, I would like to come to the appointment with as much knowledge as possible. Googleing it does not come up with much info.. I would love to have the luxury of having a detailed discussion with my doctor, but that is rare. Thank you again for the response.
Very hard to speculate on a social media site, but I'd guess if your oncologist was reluctant to let you have the mRNA vaccine (which is not an unreasonable decision), then he should be ten times as reluctant to give you a traditional vaccine, especially anything that is a live attenuated strain, since you are immunocompromised by definition.