View Single Post

Old 03-18-2023, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,498 Times in 2,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Notice I said "IF" that happened...

And what the newspaper reported doesn't really matter, either... We've seen that time and time again...

I'm simply giving an alternative scenario based on what has been reported to counter the inane "he was trying to escape the shooting outside" scenario which has NO basis in reality...
No, the newspapers all might have missed the detail about Hudson having a gun or the police might not have made that detail available yet. Or, he might not have had a gun and the lady from Delmar was making stuff up.

If the car had something to do with the shooting and had left then it would be odd for Hudson to try to escape into the building. But at the same time, it would be odd for people safely in the building to run outside towards the shooting yet that is what was reported. Who knows, that might not have been exactly true either.

My concern is praising the permit carrier as a hero before we have more facts. He may have done exactly the right thing and is a hero. Or, he may have shot an unarmed man reaching for a wallet or a cell phone.

Good guys with guns certainly level the playing field and have the potential to prevent catastrophes. Good guys with guns and quick trigger fingers have the potential to make innocent people dead. Praise those that deserve it but make sure they deserve it before doling out the praise.

Right now we need to wait for more information before condemning or praising anyone.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough