View Single Post

Old 03-19-2023, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
My neighbor did this on his Yamaha. Never did get it right after a lot of tinkering.
I was considering putting the adjustable shocks on my cart to fix the negative camber issue, but then I spoke to our mobile golf cart mechanic (who I have been using for 7 years and trust) about the modification. I was told they installed them for a few clients and none of them were happy with the modification so they no longer will do that particular job. The adjustable shocks have three issues, reduced ride quality, rattling, and require periodically being readjusted (which also requires readjusting the toe in alignment). Apparently Yamaha has designed the carts with negative camber purposely because it provides both better handling and stability. Premature tire wear is not an issue on fleet carts used on golf courses, the problem is with the personal transportation vehicles used primarily on hard driving surfaces. Keeping the tires inflated to between 28 - 30 PSI and rotating the tires front to back will significantly slow the tire wear. I decided I would rather deal with replacing tires a little more frequently than drop the money on modifying the front shocks and dealing with the associated issues.

I would like to hear first hand from those who have tried the new adjustable shocks, anybody?