View Single Post

Old 03-24-2023, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,893 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
We've used Munn's since moving here. After the first visit we went with a six-month inspection plan which also meant we were on their "preferred" list, meaning that on emergency calls the people on that list got first crack at service. when needed. Cost a bit--not too much as I recall.

Our unit was near to 15 years old and we knew replacement was inevitable. A couple of months back on a Friday afternoon the unit simply quit working. We called Munn's, a tech was there within two hours of the call. He spent maybe two hours checking it out. Turned out one of the hoses (underground, of course) had given out. Munn's could run new hoses through the attic but time, labor and parts would set us back $1,700 or so. We discussed options with him: the new hoses and work would come with a one-year warranty. A new unit had a ten-year warranty, parts and labor. He contacted his office and said a rep. would be out on Monday.

A VERY pleasant and knowledgeable young lady, Rosalee, showed up promptly Monday morning. She looked things over and shot us a quote on a complete new system; AC unit, furnace, piping, installation, the works. $8,000 for the job but our utility company would rebate us $500 of that price. We asked when: she called her office, spoke to a few people about availability, scheduling, etc. etc. "Wednesday morning" was her answer. Good to her word, two techs showed up promptly at 8:00 AM Wednesday (Munn's had emailed us with a description; their experience, interests, etc.). They got to work. Old stuff out, new stuff in and running by noon. Very pleasant and polite techs, by the way. Interesting: our old unit, even when working, barely kept up. This new one sounds like a jet engine spooling up with near-instant results.

Can't say enough good things about Munn's.
I agree that Munn's is one of the best HVAC companies. If I need a new system, I will most likely use them, even if they are not the least expensive.

But, I am just curious. Does your maintenance agreement actually say, in writing, that your are on a preferred list for emergency calls, or was that just a verbal promise?