View Single Post

Old 03-24-2023, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We had ServiceStar, the previous owners of our house had a contract with them so we figured we'd just use them, since we weren't familiar with any of them anyway.

They sent Steve to replace our unit when it crapped the bed, but we didn't realize that the old one was still under warranty. So that was a few thousand bucks that we'll never get back.

Then it was time for our annual inspection of ducts and everything else (not duct cleaning service - an inspection for mold, wear and tear of the ducts themselves, etc).

We called, set up an appointment. No one called to confirm, so we called to confirm. They confirmed. Next morning, no one was there, so we called to make sure they knew they were supposed to come. Woman said absolutely yes, she'd text Steve to get an ETA. She never called back. I called her around noon, she said she was sorry she didn't call me, but she hadn't heard back from Steve yet and she'd definitely call me back within 1/2 hour even if she didn't hear from him.

She never called back.

I called and left a message a few hours later telling her that we'd waited all day for Steve, never heard anything from anyone, and they weren't paying ME to be THEIR secretary, it wasn't my job to keep after them to do their jobs or keep track of their schedule.

We ended up not having our ducts inspected at all. We'll get around to it at some point this year.
wow, i can't believe someone would be so inconsiderate to a customer. that's just bad business & poor work ethic. he could've @ least called to explain .