Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Well, I am sitting here having another glass of, you guessed it, V8. But I also know that this weekend I will be having stuff that I like better. In fact, I plan on it.

Kathie, you did a good thing. This thread is fun. And now, I do not know if it is my ignoring it or my attitude or my imagination, or if political stuff in the lineup really has calmed down. But I think it might be better. (--nuff bout that from me)

Kate, I do not know the tune to the song you are singing. If it is a famous tune, and you tell me what it is, I can get it stuck in my head, too.

And Barefoot, you are right. I know. I will never be what the charts say that I should be. And I do not want to be.

At this point, I do not want to lose a whole bunch of weight because I know that my face would then sag and sag and drop. Sometimes when somebody finds out how old I am, they stare a little (and sometimes even a lot) closer and then say something like, "Wow! You sure do not have very many wrinkles for your age."

Now, tell me please, whatthehell is that supposed to mean? "for your age" Geez. Isn't saying that something like saying to somebody, "Hey, you sure do not sweat much for a fat girl." Why in the world, do some people stare at you really close when you tell them your age? Like with a magnifying glass. And then say stuff like that?

When I hear that, I just smile and pat myself on my own face and say, "Yeah, I like to keep it plumped up so wrinkles do not show so much."........But you know.....there is something to that I think maybe.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.