Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Well, this is just great. I just looked back at that post I just wrote about how people inspect you sometimes for wrinkles and then make age comments.

You know we all like it when somebody says that we do not look our age. I do. Even though I know that it is probably just because they are trying to be nice.

But then I beat myself up a little for caring about whether I look younger or not.

And here I sit, over analyzing what I just wrote. And swilling down V8. And sounding goofy as all get out. Self-analysis. Geez.

I have just spent my life savings on a moisturizer from Elizabeth Arden. It was at one of those "free" makeover deals. You all know the drill. Well, I did that last April. That is when I bought this stuff. And I think it might work better than the old stuff I have been buying for years at the grocery store. Geez. Surely. Surely. I know better. Don't I?

And the packaging on this moisturizer, that needs to be hauled around in a Brink's truck, is a nightmare, designed by some kind of fiend. It is a jar where you cannot see how much is left. You push on the sealed top and the stuff is dispensed, but you cannot tell how much is left in the jar without breaking that seal. And that is forbidden because..............

Supposedly this moisturizer is being protected by that seal, from air or light or Martians or whatever. (I need to find out from Kathie if that is a crock. I think she did package engineering.) So anyway, there is something just nuts about even thinking about when something is going to run out when I am not even sure that it works. but am pretending that it does. And it cost too much anyway. I was caught up in the moment. That usually does not happen to me. But it did that day. And now....could it be working???? Or if it is, what do I think that is worth?????

Oh well, enough stream of consciousness from me for a while. I better get back to working on getting stuff ready for weekend company. But speaking of makeup counters, sometime I will tell you about the Merle Norman experience in TV. (It was good.)

Boomer